The New Year has arrived and now is the time to get in the BEST Shape of your Life…and NutraPlanet is providing you the highest quality supplements you need to help make those goals a reality!
This year we’re going all out to bring you OVER 200 ITEMS ON SALE at the LOWEST PRICES…PERIOD!
Checkout the massive landslide of savings to put more money back in your pocket, but remember…
THESE SALE PRICES BELOW ARE/WERE ONLY VALID WHILE THE SALE SUPPLIES LAST. ONCE THE SALE SUPPLIES RUN DRY, THE PRICES WILL CHANGE AND BE REFLECTED IN THE PRODUCT WRITE-UP PAGE.
Aniracetam vs. Piracetam Smart Drug ReviewIf you’re someone who loves working out but tends to lack focus, especially in the morning, then stop right there and take a few minutes to read this post. We all know that at a certain point during the day our creativity, concentration, and memory seem to go out the window. What many people fail to realize is that our brain is really the most important muscle in our body. Although your brain makes up only about 2% of your total body weight, it actually uses 20% of our body’s energy, so feeding it with proper supplements and ingredients is essential. If you’re looking to enhance memory and perform at the top of your game, this matchup will have you intrigued: Aniracetam vs Piracetam game on.
Piracetam is a natural water soluble derivative of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid. This supplement is classified as the original nootropic, or ‘smart drug,’ due to its benefit as a memory aid. Piracetam improves the function of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine via the muscarinic cholinergic receptors, which are heavily used in the memory processes. It is a member of the racetam chemical class and remains the most popular supplement, commonly used in various cognitive impairments. Piracetam reviews suggest that it may enhance brain metabolism by increasing blood and oxygen flow.
Main Ingredients of Piracetam
- Polyethylene Glycol 6000
- Colloidal Silica
- Magnesium Sterate
- Titanium Dioxide
- Polyethylgene Glycol 400
What makes Piracetam different?Piracetam not only helps to improve memory but may have a lasting positive effect on those dealing with cognitive disorders such as amnesia and dementia. The supplement supports healthy neuron communication and stimulates the locus coeruleus, which are the specialized neurons involved in information processing, attention, learning, and memory. Piracetam reviewers have also reported improved alertness among all ages and lowered depression and anxiety in those suffering from cognitive sickness.
Aniracetam is a nootropic drug, which some people call a smart drug, as it enhances activity in the brain. It is a member of the racetam chemical class that has its main effects on the nervous system (CNS). This supplement is an amino acid-like compound that increases communication between the two hemispheres of the brain. First made by Huffman-La Roche in 1970, Aniracetam reviews have reported that this supplement assists in stimulating the functions of very particular neuronal receptors by means of glutamic acid, creating memorization receptors to become enhanced and more in tune with the nerve cells, also known as metabotropic receptors. Aniracetam helps to improve both long and short term memory loss as well as boosting attention span, alertness, reasoning and concentration.
Main Ingredients of Aniracetam
- Anisoyl Chloride
- Gelatin (capsules)
- Rice Flour
What makes Aniracetam different?Because Aniracetam is fat soluble, it allows more stimulation of the Acetylocholine receptors and aids increased energy and focus within the brain. Besides improving memory, Aniracetam helps to reduce anxiety, depression and sleeping disorders within Alzheimer and Parkinson patients. Studies have reported that this supplement appears to protect against excitotoxicity and improve glucose metabolism.
Conclusion of Aniracetam vs. PiracetamBoth Aniracetam and Piracetam are excellent choices as memory enhancing supplements as well as positive ingredients for the brain and body. When it comes to retaining our memory and keeping our brain as healthy as possible, both of these supplements are good options. However, Aniracetam has been proven to last longer and be far more potent compared to Piracetam.
- If you are looking for a supplement that you can take in smaller doses and that will last longer throughout the day, Aniracetam is your answer according to studies.
- Piracetam, as it is far less potent, works great on a more frequent basis. Depending on your necessity for the supplement enhancing your memory, both of these products are effective and will provide you with an excellent buy.
This year, NutraPlanet is pulling out all the stops to bring you a bounty of savings with over 100 items on sale at UNBELIEVABLE prices! Are you ready to save some serious cash? Well, you’ve come to the right place, this is the MOST EPIC Cyber Monday Sale…EVER!
Saving Cash…AND Making a Difference
Don’t get us wrong, saving money’s great but this year, we’re making a difference and YOU CAN HELP! From November 21st through the end of the month, we will donate 20% of ALL profits to T.A.P.S. (www.taps.org), a not-for-profit organization that helps the families of fallen veterans —with a MINIMUM donation of $10,000.00!!!
We’re teaming up with these AMAZING sponsors to rally up deals and donations for a GREAT cause. The MORE you buy, the MORE we’ll give, so help us by taking advantage of these amazing deals and pass on the word…The NUTRAPLANET CYBER MONDAY PROJECT—making a difference this holiday season!
Military Sale Begins 11/21/12!
Tis The Season For Friends & Family
It’s that time of year again. Shopping malls are filling up with goodies and neighborhoods are sprouting holiday decorations. All over the country, friends and families have made plans and booked tickets. Whether by plane, train, or automobile, everyone will be headed for their hometowns, excited to spend these special days with their loved ones. As lists are made, gifts are wrapped, and feasts are being prepared, families all over the country look forward to the kind of quality time with loved ones that is only possible in this special holiday season.
But in the midst of all this togetherness and joy, thousands of military families are faced with the stark reality that somebody they love won’t make it home for the holidays this year. While other people enjoy family reunions, their minds and hearts are filled with the painful absence of their beloved brothers, sisters, children, parents, aunts, uncles and best friends who are serving overseas. The worry and loneliness that they endure all year round is brought into stark relief by a season intended to celebrate the closeness of family.
For military families who have suffered the loss of a loved one in service, the reality is even harder. Their missing family member will never come home again. The holidays can be an extremely difficult time for bereaved survivors. Coping with the emotional ups and downs of the season while mourning the death of a loved one can be a huge challenge. These families can end up feeling isolated in the middle of the celebrations.
TAPS.org Is Here To Help Military Families
TAPS.org is an extraordinary organization that works hard to help these families understand that they are not alone. During the holiday season and all year long, they are there to console the people left behind after a military death. Because it was founded by bereaved military families, TAPS knows how to respond to the trauma and grief of families suffering the loss of a loved one in the military. They offer 24/7 tragedy assistance to anyone who has suffered the loss of a military loved one, no matter what their relationship, and no matter what the circumstances of the death. Founded in 1994, TAPS provides peer-based emotional support, so that surviving families and caregivers can talk to someone who has been there and understands exactly what they’re going through. TAPS also offers grief seminars for adults, Good Grief Camps for children, and a huge range of grief and trauma resources, including a 24/7 resource and information helpline for anyone who has been affected by a death in the Armed Forces. All their services are provided free of charge, and they depend entirely on the generosity of corporations and individuals to fund their programs.
Nutraplanet Wants To HelpTo honor the sacrifice and courage of our Armed Forces members and their families, NutraPlanet is having a sale on 11/21-11/30 where 20% of all product sales will be donated to TAPS.org to assist them in providing comfort, healing and hope to every family missing their military loved one this holiday season.
Interested In TAPS.orgFor more information, to volunteer, donate or get help, go to TAPS.org or call toll-free at 800.959.TAPS (8277).
LeCheek Fans: Who Wants a FREE iPad Mini?
What do you get when you combine smokin’ hot deals on the HOTTEST new line of sports supplements AND a chance to bag the HOTTEST new Apple iDevice? The LeCheek month long SALEATHON and iPad Mini Giveaway…only at NutraPlanet!
So how do I sign up? [one entry]
Gain 1 free entry by visiting the NutraPlanet Facebook Group page and hit “Like” on the this post: Facebook Group: LeCheek iPad Mini Giveaway
If you’re not a member, click “Join Group” in the upper right corner and we’ll get you added ASAP, then find the thread entitled “LeCheek Fans: WHO WANTS TO WIN A FREE IPAD MINI?” & simply click the “Like” button in the post. That will gain you 1 FREE entry into the drawing.
ETA FOR DRAWING: FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER, 2012.
Beef up your odds and your muscles to WIN! [2 entries or more]
Get an additional 2 entries for EACH LeCheek product you purchase during the month of November: LeCheek Nutrition Supplements
And, to help further celebrate this event, NutraPlanet will be offering weekly deals on select LeCheek products at UNBEATABLE prices all month long…so take advantage of the sick deals and your chance to win your very own iPad Mini!
THIS ROUND’S LECHEEK DEAL OF THE WEEK ARE…
Speed X3 (40 Servings)
Reg Price: $79.99
Sale Price: $18.85
intraTest Xtreme (247 g)
Reg Price: $89.99
Sale Price: $23.49
We are a society with a “more is better” attitude. More money, more convenience, more luxury…more, more, more! However, when looking to build more muscle, sometimes more is less. One of the major reasons that trainees fail to build the physique they desire is they do too much in the gym! They either do too many sets, work out for too long, or train too many days per week. The result? OVERTRAINING…and with it comes little to no gains in size or strength (and in severe cases, muscle loss, illness, and/or depression).
What many trainees fail to realize is that every time we workout, we make massive inroads into our recovery abilities. We put ourselves in a situation where our bodies need to actually “heal”before it can grow. And this does not only go for our muscles, but our CNS (central nervous system) as well. Not only does the body need to repair the microtrauma that occurs within muscles during training, but it must also restore hormonal and neurotransmitter balance, reboot the immune system, and clear free radicals from the system. Think of a workout as digging a large hole in the ground, complete recovery as filling the hole, and muscle growth as creating a mound of dirt on top of the filled up hole. When you overtrain you will be digging a whole that is too big for your body to fill, which means you will never have the opportunity to pile dirt on top! No extra dirt means no extra muscle!
My feeling is that the problem lies in most of today’s bodybuilding publications. We see the professionals looking freaky and massive, and read how they train twice per day, six days per week, and do 20 or more sets per body part! Most figure, “If that’s how they got that massive, the same principals must work for me!”What many fail to realize, however, is that because of steroids, growth hormone, and a plethora of other drugs, coupled with ideal genetics, and quite possibly no 9 to 5 job to worry about, the pros are able to train far more than most without suffering any ill effects. In fact, their bodies actually thrive on it! That is not the case for the genetically average, drug free trainee, with a regular job to tend to daily. Trying to follow the routine of a pro bodybuilder will spell disaster for most of us, leading many down a road of frustration, and some to even quit altogether! So, what is the ideal way to train for maximum gains in size and strength? Well, there are several effective ways to train, but to list them all goes beyond the scope of this article. However, there are some general rules that I feel should be followed by the drug free bodybuilder in order to avoid overtraining and to optimize gains:
1) Train no more than 4 days per week: There is simply no need to train more than 4 days per week Some people with poor recovery ability might be better off with only three training days per week Train on the days that are most convenient for you, but make sure you pay attention to rule # 2.
2) Train no more than 2 days in a row: In my experience, with myself and with those I have trained, after two straight days in the gym there is a need to take 1-2 days off. I have seen how time and again, strength and muscular endurance take a large dip after 2 straight days of intense training. Also, I have noticed that when the average person trains 3 or 4 straight days, that the immune system becomes compromised, making you more susceptible to illness or injury. Remember, we do not grow in the gym, but at home while we rest.
3) Workouts should last no more than 60-75 minutes: There is scientific evidence that after this period of time, that testosterone levels begin to drop and cortisol begins to rise dramatically. This will drag your body down by making it more difficult to achieve an anabolic (growth-inducing) state once the workout has ended. Besides, there is no reason a workout should take longer than this. If it does, chances are you are doing to many sets and/or exercises, or, you are being far too social in the gym. If you are serious about getting big then get in the gym, do what you have to, and get out. My advice is to use a powerful pre-workout energizer/focus enhancer like PNI’s PRODIGY to help you maximize every rep of every set because it is intensity that builds muscle, not volume.
4) Work sets for larger muscle groups should be between 8 and 10: If you focus and concentrate 100% of your mental and physical effort into each working set there is no reason you need any more volume than this. Those that do 12, 15, or 20 sets for large body parts are obviously not training very hard, or there would be no way they could withstand this many sets. Once you have stimulated a muscle to grow, doing more sets will not stimulate the muscle any further, but will only take away from your ability to recover from your workout.
5) Work sets for smaller muscle groups should be between 6 and 7: See above rule.
6) Mostly free weight compound movements should be used: While I have nothing against machines and cables, there is no doubt that the best muscle builders are free-weight compound exercises. Huge physique were built in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s with little more than barbells and dumbbells. The balance and concentration is takes to lift free weights activates more muscles, more muscle fibers, and “excites” the nervous system more than machines or cables do. If you talk to most of the biggest guys around, almost all of them will tell you that they built most of their mass with basic exercises like bench presses, deadlifts, squats, military presses, bent rows, barbell curls, and lying tricep extensions. There is nothing wrong with using machines or cables, but if you want to get huge, make free-weights the cornerstone of your program.
7) Most work sets should be in the 6-12 rep range: Studies have shown that lower reps (1-5) tend to build strength and higher reps (13 -20) muscular endurance. That does not mean that they cannot build ANY muscle, just that those rep ranges are not optimal when hypertrophy is the main goal. The rep range of 6-12 keeps the muscle fibers under tension for an ideal amount of time, and with enough resistance to affect growth. For your work sets you should shoot to reach momentary muscular failure somewhere between the 6thand 12th rep.
8) Strict form must be used: Using strict form on all of your exercises will assure that you are stimulating the muscle that you are wishing to target. Those that “throw” the weights up when doing side laterals or barbell curls, for example, are only cheating themselves out of growth. The primary reason that people do this is to create the illusion that they are stronger than they are. But take anyone that can “cheat curl” 150 lbs and make them do the movement strictly and you will find that they might barely be able to curl 110 lbs. Interestingly, if someone were to strictly curl 110 lbs for 6 reps vs. swinging up 150 lbs for 6 reps, they would receive much more biceps growth with the lesser weight. Once you reach failure using strict form, THEN it is ok to use momentum (to a reasonable degree) to try and extend your set a bit further.
Combine the above guidelines with a proper diet, sufficient rest, and a solid supplementation program, and you will build the best physique that your genetics has to offer.
Check Out Premium Nutraceuticals (PNI) for UNBEATABLE SALE PRICES!
USPLabs Jack3d Vs. NeuroCore by MuscleTech
If you’re struggling to get through your daily exercise routine, you’ll want to consider a good pre-workout drink to help you break through those dreaded plateaus. You should make sure when choosing a pre-workout supplement that it consists of high-fiber carbohydrates, a good amount of protein, and sugars. With all the pre-workouts on the market today, choosing one that is right for you can be difficult. Luckily, products like USPLabs Jack3d and NeuroCore MuscleTech offer a huge boost of energy and concentration, strengthening muscles as you achieve that awesome pump.
Protein is an essential ingredient for your pre-workout, boosting energy to allow optimal performance. Adding in supplements like those we will discuss here with a great shot of protein can jump start your workouts, helping you to blast through every last routine.
Fat burner ingredients like 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl and Yohimbe Extract are found in both Jack3d from USPLabs and NeuroCore. These ingredients help you get rid of unwanted fat while aiding your body’s transformation from flab to hard, tough muscle.
Jack3d from USPLabs will help give users the best pumps during their workout. As a top supplement for your pre-workout routine, Jack3d combines ingredients such as citric acid and caffeine with a scientifically researched mix of nitric oxide and energy boosting ingredients. Jack3d gives “just the right amount” of focus and energy, taking your workout routine to the max.
What makes it different?
Jack3d’s main ingredient Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate is an amino acid that enhances nitric oxide production, which can lead to amazing pumps and crazy vascularity. Adding in a shot of caffeine helps boost metabolism and allows you to last longer during a hardcore workout routine without taking more scoops unlike NeuroCore’s formula.
NeuroCore’s Beta-alanine, L-Citrulline and Creatine Hydrochloride ingredients are guaranteed to deliver superior training experiences from your pre-workout. Pure caffeine drives NeuroCore to quickly deliver a surge of energy, enhancing your routines with every dose. NeuroCore’s compound stimulates mental focus as well as enhancing your body’s muscle building potential.
Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn®)
Deanol Bitartrate (DMAE)
What makes it different?
NeuroCore is a powerful supplement, but needs to be taken at a slightly higher dose than Jack3d. NeuroCore users can safely use up to 3 scoops a day mixed with 12-oz of water (do not exceed 3 scoops in 24 hours). Jack3d users should not surpass 2-scoops daily.
Conclusion of USPLabs Jack3d VS MuscleTech Neurocore
While some believe that L-Citrulline (a main ingredient of NeuroCore) may be more effective than supplemental Arginine, both Jack3d and NeuroCore will help you achieve that amazing pump while you train. Jack3d appears to be more concentrated, requiring fewer scoops than NeuroCore. With Jack3d you may notice a stronger energy enhancing and fat burning effect due to the combination of ingredients 1,3-Dimethyl and caffeine. 1,3-Dimethyl also aids cognition and alertness. On the other hand, NeuroCore has added ingredients such as Rhodiola and DMAE for their benefits with not only brain function but also immune system due to their antioxidant effects. NeuroCore also has yohimbe, which in addition to its fat burning benefit also may aid vascularity and testosterone. Both Jack3d and NeuroCore offer great benefits, so whichever you choose, you’re sure to get a superior pre-workout drink.
Driven Sports Craze Vs. Jack3d Supplements
You know that working out in the morning is going to start your day right. Not only are you going to get in shape, but it’ll also help you to strengthen focus, prolong energy, and have that euphoric feeling carry you through your day. But you just can’t seem to get out of bed. You know you need something to get you motivated. With all the pre-workout supplements on the market promising you insane energy and concentration, you’re not sure which one to pick. Your friend at the gym says Driven Sports Craze is the best thing since sliced bread and your co-worker swears that Jack3d is the best hands down. So what’s the difference?
Driven Sports Craze Supplement
Driven Sports Craze uses scientific research to formulate this pre-workout. Instead of using Arginine as its nitric oxide booster, Driven Sports relies on Citrulline. L-Citrulline is an amino acid that converts to Arginine in the body. This, in turn, helps boost nitric oxide to give you those skin bursting pumps while you train. Another added benefit of citrulline is its ability to aid blood circulation to deliver essential nutrients to the muscles, which helps your body to recover from that grueling workout. Craze combines citrulline with Vitamin C to enhance its nitric oxide and recovery benefits.
Driven Sports decided to go against the grain by using Dendrobex rather than 1,3-Dimethylamylamine as its energy source. Dendrobex is an extract of Dendrobium, an orchid species found in China traditionally used as an energy booster. It’s also said to help hydrate the body, which can be beneficial during an intense training session.Main Ingredients of Driven Sports Craze:
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)
Kinesis™ Proprietary Blend
Trimethylglycine (Betain Anhydrous)
L-Citrulline, Dendrobex™ (Dendrobium Extract)
B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Citramine™ (Citrus reticulata Extract)
What makes Craze by Driven Sports different?
Craze embraces ingredients that are non-traditional pre-workout ingredients. In its Kinesis™ Proprietary Blend, Driven Sports relies on citrulline citing that it is a superior nitric oxide booster and it also aids recovery. Driven also uses Vitamin C to safeguard citrulline’s nitric oxide benefits as well as enhance your immune system. Instead of 1,3-Dimethyl, they use Dendrobex to boost energy. This product uses cutting edge ingredients to not only kick start your energy and nitric oxide levels pre-workout, but also give your immune system a major boost.
Jack3d Supplement By USPLabs
USPLabs Jack3d uses a more traditional approach to their ingredients to send your energy levels “through the roof” and give you that crucial pump while you train. USPLabs relies on Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate to aid nitric oxide production thereby increasing blood circulation and vascularity. Not only does AAKG help you achieve that intense pump, but it also aids strength.
Using the popular ingredient 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl, Jack3d ensures that you will have insane energy to get through that excruciating workout. 1,3-Dimethyl is extracted from geranium. Although 1,3-Dimethyl has been compared to ephedrine, its benefits appear to surpass ephedrine. Not only does it send your energy levels soaring, but it also acts as a stimulant to your Central Nervous System. With Jack3d, you may experience heightened concentration and mood. Other possible benefits include decreased appetite to aid weight loss.Main Ingredients:
Natural Lemon-Lime Flavor
What makes Jack3d different?
Jack3d uses Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, a popular pre-workout ingredient, to give you that pump and vascularity while you work out. The added benefit of AAKG’s positive impact on strength also makes it a desirable ingredient. Including 1,3-Dimethyl in USPLabs’ formulation ensures that you’re going to get insane energy while you’re working out. In addition to its energy benefits, 1,3-Dimethyl also may benefit alertness and fat loss. Taking a more traditional approach, USPLabs Jack3d incorporates well-known ingredients to create a powerful pre-workout.
Conclusion of Jack3d VS Driven Sports Craze
Both Jack3d and DS Craze offer excellent pre-workout nutrition as well as nitric oxide and energy benefits. For those wanting recovery and immune system benefits, Craze is the pre-workout for you. Craze is a great choice if you want a pre-workout that doesn’t have 1,3-Dimethyl but doesn’t sacrifice is the energy boost. If you’re looking for extra strength support as well as appetite suppression, you don’t have to look further than Jack3d. Another appealing feature of Jack3d is that it doesn’t contain a bunch of fillers or artificial colors. So if you want a pre-workout that delivers just the essential ingredients without unnecessary fluff, you’ve got the perfect supplement in Jack3d. Whether you decide on Jack3d or Craze, you’re assured that you’ve got an effective pre-workout that will deliver the goods.
There are a few staple bodybuilding blogs and forums out there we all know about. But how about a fresh perspective? The five blogs listed below are just that. Some of these blogs are written with a personal touch that makes for highly addictive reading.
1) Biolayne – If you’re looking for a legit blog from a scholarly source, Layne Norton features an excellent balance of written posts and video content. Layne has his PhD in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Illinois. His blog features categories such as Training, Nutrition, Contest Prep, and News.
2) Straight to the Bar – Scott Bird and his army of contributors run this blog that delivers a wealth of information in a playful, easy to read format. This comprehensive site covers every bodybuilding topic you’ve ever wondered about, including supplement reviews.
3) Fabodylous – Want to get pumped up and inspired? Wee Kiat’s blog speaks frequently about motivation. He’s a bodybuilder who gives his readers a tremendously personalized narrative. He chronicles his journey and his recent competitions, making this a great blog for someone who’s interested in competing.
4) Lift-Run-Bang – You’re a hard-core bodybuilder looking to get the latest info. This up-to-date blog contains detailed routines and overall excellent content that has a new post for readers almost every day.
5) Grow Stronger – You’re a no nonsense kind of person, so let’s cut to the chase. This blog sacrifices frills to deliver the goods with interesting takes on current events and free e-books on building muscle and other topics.
What other blogs do you like to read? Let us know, we at Nutraplanet always like to hear what you think.
Photo: DreamShoot by Marcel Steger
OVER 100 ITEMS ON SALE FOR 1 WEEK ONLY!!!
Get ready for an earth shattering land slide of savings headed your way with the 2012 NutraPlanet Labor Day Sale…with a monumental line up of savings, this sale can only be summarized in one word: EPIC!
This year we have an onslaught of hard hitting, top quality supplements from the brands you love. With over 100 products on sale, you’re sure to find what you’re craving at the lowest prices around.
To top it off, we’re also offering FREE SHIPPING when you buy one of our sponsored companies products. That’s FREE GROUND SHIPPING on your entire order! So stock up and save on everything, but don’t delay…this sale is for one week only (or while supplies last)!